Ph.D. 2017, Duke University
Computer Science Department
Contact: bingxie <at> cs <dot> duke <dot> edu
xieb <at>ornl <dot> gov
I am an HPC system engineer at Oak Ridge National Lab. I worked/collaborate with Jeff Chase on system research and emphasize on several areas: distributed systems, operating systems, and file systems. My current projects focus on elastic virtual infrastructure management for workflow executions, and performance analysis on petascale file systems.
Recently, I did an output performance prediction study on a production supercomputer with machine learning techniques.
Publications, Talks, and Posters
- [IPDPS'19] Woong Shin, Christopher D. Brumgard, Bing Xie, Sudharshan S. Vazhkudai, Devarshi Ghoshal, Sarp Oral, Lavanya Ramakrishnan. "Data Jockey: Automatic Data Management for HPC Multi-Tiered Storage Systems" Proceedings of the 33rd IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2019 [paper]
- [HPDC'17] Bing Xie, Yezhou Huang, Jeffrey S. Chase, Jong Youl Choi, Scott Klasky, Jay Lofstead and Sarp Oral. "Predicting Output Performance of a Petascale Supercomputer" In Proceedings of the 26th International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing. Washington D.C., June, 2017 [paper]
- [HPC-IODC'17] Bing Xie, Jeffrey S. Chase, David Dillow, Scott Klasky, Jay Lofstead, Sarp Oral and Norbert Podhorszki. "Output Performance Study on a Production Petascale Filesystem" in HPC I/O in the Data Center Workshop. Frankfurt, Germany, June, 2017 [paper]
- Qiang Cao, Vamsi Thummala, Jeffrey S. Chase, Yuanjun Yao, and Bing Xie. "Certificate Linking and Caching for Logical Trust" Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, Duke University, 2016.[paper]
- Bing Xie and Jeffrey S. Chase. "Container-level Elastic Scaling System for Computational Workflows on Networked Cloud", Poster, Duke Research Computing Symposium, Jan, 2015. [paper]
- [SC'12] Bing Xie, Jeffrey Chase, David Dillow, Oleg Drokin, Scott Klasky, Sarp Oral and Norbert Podhorszki. "Characterizing Output Bottlenecks in a Supercomputer" In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis, Salt Lake City, US, November 2012. Best Paper Finalist, Best Student Paper Finalist [paper]