Department of Computer Science
Campus Box 90129
308 Research Drive (LSRC Building)
Durham, NC 27708
Tel: +1 (919) 660-6545
Fax: +1 (919) 660-6519
E-mail: debmalya AT cs DOT duke DOT edu
I am part of the theory group and have a
broad range of interests in the design and analysis of algorithms. I often work on
If you are a prospective graduate student interested in theory/algorithms,
please apply to the Duke Computer Science graduate program and
send me a short note. For more details of our theory group, please check out our theory wiki.
- Graph algorithms
- Online and approximation algorithms
- Resource allocation and scheduling
- Combinatorial optimization
- Algorithms for Internet applications
- Algorithms for communication networks
If you are a current Duke undergrad and want to do research in theory/algorithms, please send me an email with your interests and background
(e.g., performance in relevant courses).
Students and Postdocs
- Graduate students
- Undergraduate students
Haofeng (Fred) Zhang
Arun Ganesh (BS summa-cum-laude 2017)
- NSF CCF 1535972 (Algorithms in the Field): Optimizing Networked Systems with Limited Information (2015-2019)
- NSF CCF 1527084: Allocation Algorithms in Online Systems (2015-2018)
- Yahoo Faculty Research and Engagement Program (FREP) Award: Budget-aware Online Auctions in Internet Advertising (2015-2016)
- Google Faculty Research Award: Multi-objective Optimization in Internet Advertising (2014-2015)
19th International Workshop on Approximation Algorithms for Combinatorial Optimization Problems (APPROX), 2016.
47th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 2016.
35th Foundations of Software Technology and Theoretical Computer Science Conference (FSTTCS), 2015.
1st Conference on Topics in Theoretical Computer Science (TTCS), 2015.
26th ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2015.
17th International Workshop on Approximation Algorithms for Combinatorial Optimization Problems (APPROX), 2014.
11th Workshop on Approximation and Online Algorithms (WAOA), 2013.
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2013---current.
Postdoc, Theory Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA, 2012---2013.
PhD in Computer Science (Advisor: Prof. David Karger), Theory Group, CSAIL, MIT, Cambridge, MA, 2007---2012.
Member of Technical Staff - 1, Bell Labs, Bangalore, 2006---2007.
ME in Computer Science (Advisor: Prof. Ramesh Hariharan), CSA, IISc, Bangalore, 2004---2006.
BE in Computer Science and Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2000---2004.