Kevin SunPh.D. student (August 2017 - present)
Department of Computer Science
Office: LSRC D227
Email: ksun AT cs DOT duke DOT edu
Research InterestsI am part of the theory group at Duke, and I am interested in the design and analysis of algorithms. Recently, I've been looking at online and approximation algorithms for scheduling and allocation problems.
- Samir Khuller, Jingling Li, Pascal Sturmfels, Kevin Sun, and Prayaag Venkat.
Select and Permute: An Improved Online Framework for Scheduling to Minimize Weighted Completion Time.
Theoretical Computer Science. July 2019.
A preliminary version appeared at the 13th Latin American Theoretical Informatics Symposium (LATIN 2018). [arXiv:1704.06677]
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 638: Graph Algorithms - Fall 2019
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 230: Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science - Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 330: Design and Analysis of Algorithms - Spring 2018
Background / Education
- B.S. in Computer Science - Rutgers University - May 2017
- B.A. in Mathematics - Rutgers University - May 2017
- CAAR REU program - University of Maryland - Summer 2016
- DIMACS REU program - Rutgers University - Summer 2015
- My previous webpage: http://reu.dimacs.rutgers.edu/~kevinsun/