Kevin SunPh.D. student (August 2017 - present)
Department of Computer Science
Office: LSRC D227
Email: ksun AT cs DOT duke DOT edu
Personal website: kevinsun.org
Research InterestsI am part of the theory group at Duke, and I am interested in the design and analysis of algorithms. In particular, I am interested in graph algorithms and online algorithms.
- Ruoxu Cen, Yu Cheng, Debmalya Panigrahi, Kevin Sun.
Sparsification of Directed Graphs via Cut Balance.
The 48th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2021). [arXiv]
- Zhihao Jiang, Debmalya Panigrahi, Kevin Sun.
Online Algorithms for Weighted Paging with Predictions.
The 47th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming (ICALP 2020). [arXiv]
- Samir Khuller, Jingling Li, Pascal Sturmfels, Kevin Sun, Prayaag Venkat.
Select and Permute: An Improved Online Framework for Scheduling to Minimize Weighted Completion Time.
Theoretical Computer Science. July 2019.
A preliminary version appeared at the 13th Latin American Theoretical Informatics Symposium (LATIN 2018). [arXiv]
- Instructor for COMPSCI 330: Design and Analysis of Algorithms - Summer 2021
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 638: Graph Algorithms - Fall 2019
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 230: Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science - Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- Teaching Assistant for COMPSCI 330: Design and Analysis of Algorithms - Spring 2018, Spring 2021
Background / Education
- B.S. in Computer Science - Rutgers University - May 2017
- B.A. in Mathematics - Rutgers University - May 2017
- CAAR REU - University of Maryland - Summer 2016
- DIMACS REU - Rutgers University - Summer 2015