Nicki Washington, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor, Computer Science, Winthrop University (2015-2020)
- Associate Professor, Computer Science, Howard University (2011-2015)
- Assistant Professor, Computer Science, Howard University (2006-2011)
- Ph.D., Computer Science, NC State University (2005)
- M.S., Computer Science NC State University (2002)
- B.S., Computer Science, Johnson C. Smith University (2000)
My prior work has included broadening participation in computing, including K-16 curriculum and K-12 computing frameworks, standards, and teacher professional development.
My current research focuses on identity and cultural competence in computing. These are topics that have long been overlooked in computing disciplines,
yet significantly impact the cultures of both university departments and tech organizations, as well as the retention of minoritized students, faculty, and staff.
In addition, they directly impact the technologies that are developed and the consumers who use them (especially vulnerable populations).