John H. Reif
(Also, secondary appointment in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University since June, 2016.)
- Office: Rm. D223, Levine Science Research Center (LSRC) Building, Box 90129, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
- Reif Lab: Room 042/043, Biological Sciences Building, 130 Science Drive, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708
- Phone: (919) 660-6568 Fax: (919) 660-6519
- My Vita (lists publications, education, students, postdocs, grants, etc.)
- My Awards(Fellow of AAAS, Fellow of ACM, Fellow of IEEE)
- Education: Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics (Harvard Univ., July 1977).
M.S. in Applied Mathematics (Harvard Univ., July 1975)
B.S., magna cum laude, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (Tufts Univ., Spring 1973)
Research Publications: most available for download in PDF format
- My publications organized by research area (journal & conf. combined)
- My publications chronographically ordered (journal & conf. combined)
- My publications listed on Duke Faculty Website (journal & conf. separate)
Current Graduate Students (Ph.D. candidates)
- Rajiv Nagipogu, Tentative Ph.D. thesis topic: “Adaptive molecular computing systems”. Projected Date of Graduation: Fall 2025.
Current Postdoctoral Assistants:
- Xin Song: Research topic: “DNA computation and COVID-19 detection RT-LAMP protocols”, 2021-current.
- Daniel (Dan) Fu: Research topic: “DNA Computation on Cell Membranes” and “Casting Metallic Nanoparticles in Multi-layered Encapsulating 3D DNA Nanostructure”. Jan. 2022-current.
- COMPSCI 534 Computational Complexity, Spring 2023.
- COMPSCI 531 Introduction to Algorithms, Fall 2022.
- COMPSCI 590.10 Molecular Assembly and Computation, Spring 2022.
(FNANO = FOUNDATIONS OF NANOSCIENCE: SELF-ASSEMBLED ARCHITECTURES AND DEVICES)
General CoChairman of FNANO20, Snowbird, Utah, April 14-19, 2023.
Domus tests will provide the everyday infectious disease testing solution that we’ve been waiting for. We promise affordable and effective infectious disease detection for every home, office, school, or doctor’s office; from managing the next flu season to preventing future pandemics before they can begin.
- “Water comes gushing forth from the sand, the deeper and deeper it is dug; likewise, intelligence will grow, the more and more a person studies.” - Thirukkural
- “I have learnt this at least by my experiment, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams in the night, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” -Thoreau
- “The greatest danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark.” - Michelangelo
- “The wonderful rush that comes from taking a challenging ski run through deep, uncut powder is similar to the one that comes from discovering a new algorithm.” - John Reif
Please let me know if you have any problems with these web pages.