John H. Reif
My Advise on The Art of Research
Favorite Quotes on Creative Research:
- “Water comes gushing forth from the sand, the deeper and deeper it is dug; likewise, intelligence will grow, the more and more a person studies.” - Thirukkural
- “I have learnt this at least by my experiment, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams in the night, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” –Thoreau
- Parallel Algorithm Derivation and Program Transformation, (edited by R. Paige, J. Reif and R. Wachter), published by Kluwer Academic Publishers, June, 1993.
- Handbook of Randomized Computing (Edited by S. Rajasekaran, P. M. Pardalos, J.H. Reif and J. Rolim), published by Kluwer Volume I and II, Academic Press, London, 2001.
- Handbook of Parallel Computing: Models, Algorithms and Applications (Edited by Sanguthevar Rajasekaran and John H Reif), published by Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, FL. ISBN 978-1584886235 (December, 2007).
- DNA-based Self-assembly and Nanorobotics (by Sudheer Sahu and John H. Reif), VDM Verlag, DNA-Based Self-Assembly and Nanorobotics, Published by VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K., Saarbrücken, Germany, 128 pages, (November 10, 2008).
My Research Publications: most available for download in PDF format
- My publications organized by research area (journal & conf. combined)
- My publications chronographically ordered (journal & conf. combined)
- My publications listed on Duke Faculty Website (journal & conf. separate)
My Papers Categorized by Topics (252 downloadable papers)
Recent Talk Presentations:
Presentations on Self-Assembled DNA Tiling Lattices & DNA Robotics:
On DNA Computation:
On DNA Nanostructures:
On DNA Nanodevices:
Some of My Experimental Papers on demonstrations of DNA Nanostructures:
Š Tianqi Song, Sudhanshu Garg, Hieu Bui, Reem Mokhtar, and John H. Reif, Analog Computation by DNA Strand Displacement Circuits, ACS Synthetic Biology, ACS Synth. Biol. 2016, 5, 898−912 (July, 2016). DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.6b00144 [PDF] [PDF]
Experimental demonstration of programmed molecular assembly: Peng Yin, Rizal F. Hariadi, Sudheer Sahu, Harry M.T.Choi, Sung Ha Park, Thomas H. LaBean, John H. Reif, Programming DNA Tube Circumferences, Science, Vol. 321. no. 5890, pp. 824–826 (August 8, 2008). [PDF] Supplemental Info: [PDF]
Š Experimental demonstration of Autonoumous Molecular Robot: Peng Yin, Hao Yan, Xiaoju G. Daniel, Andrew J. Turberfield, John H. Reif, A Unidirectional DNA Walker Moving Autonomously Along a Linear Track, Angewandte Chemie [International Edition], Volume 43, Number 37, Sept. 20, 2004, pp. 4906-4911. [PDF] or [PDF] Supplemental Information: [PDF] Abstract: [PDF] Talk: [PDF] [PPT]
Š Experimental demonstration of programmed molecular patterning: Hao Yan, Thomas H. LaBean, Liping Feng, and John H. Reif, Directed Nucleation Assembly of Barcode Patterned DNA Lattices, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science(PNAS), Volume 100, No. 14, pp. 8103-8108, July 8, (2003). [PDF] (Publicity)
Book on DNA Computation:
Š Sudheer Sahu and John H. Reif, DNA-based Self-assembly and Nanorobotics, VDM Verlag, DNA-Based Self-Assembly and Nanorobotics, Published by VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K., Saarbrücken, Germany, 128 pages, (November 10, 2008) ISBN-10: 363909770X, ISBN-13: 978-3639097702.
My Research in Other Alternative Models of Computation:
Overview of My Research in Algorithms:
Please let me know if you have any problems with these web pages.