1. Edward W. Davis and John H. Reif, Architecture and Operation of the BLITZEN Processing Element. 3rd International Conference on Computing on Supercomputing, Boston, MA, May 1988. Also revised as Donald W. Blevins, Edward W. Davis, and John H. Reif, Processing Element and Custom Chip Architecture for the BLITZEN Massively Parallel Processor, MCNC Technical Report TR87-22, October 1987, revised June 1988. [PDF]
2. Donald W. Blevins, Edward W. Davis, Richard A. Heaton and John H. Reif, BLITZEN: A Highly Integrated Massively Parallel Machine. 2nd Symposium on Frontiers of Massively Parallel Computation, Fairfax, VA, October 1988. Published in Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 8, February 1990, pp. 150-160. [PDF]
3. Royals, M., T. Markas, N. Kanopoulos, John H. Reif and J. Storer, On the Design and Implementation of a Lossless Data Compression and Decompression Chip, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circ., Vol. 28, No. 9, pp. 948-953, Sep. 1993.
4. J.A. Storer, T. Markas and John H. Reif, A Massively Parallel VLSI Compression System using a Compact Dictionary. IEEE Workshops on VLSI & Signal Processing, 1990, San Diego, CA. Published as A Massively Parallel VLSI Design for Data Compression Using a Compact Dictionary, VLSI Signal Processing, No. 4, 1990 (edited by H.S. Moscovitz and K. Yao and R. Jain), Chapter 32, IEEE Press, 1990, New York, NY, pp. 329-338. [PDF]
5. J.A. Storer and John H. Reif, A Parallel Architecture for High Speed Data Compression, 3rd Symposium on the Frontiers of Massively Parallel Computation, College Park, MD, October 1990, pp. 238-243. Published in Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computation, No. 13, pp. 222-227. [PDF]
6. T. Markas and John H. Reif, Memory-Shared Parallel Architectures for Vector Quantization Algorithms, 1992. Picture Coding Symposium, Lusanne Switzerland, March, 1993.
7. Wadee Alhalabi and John H. Reif, Real Tome Applications to Play Systems, submitted for Journal Publication, 2013.