1. John H. Reif and Paul G. Spirakis, Distributed Algorithms for Synchronizing Interprocess Communication Within Real Time. 13th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, Milwaukee, WI, 1981, pp. 133-145. Published as Real-Time Synchronization of Interprocess Communications: ACM Journal of Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 6, No. 2, April 1984, pp. 215-238. [PDF]
2. John H. Reif and Paul G. Spirakis, Unbounded Speed Variability in Distributed Communication Systems. 9th Annual ACM Symposium on Principals of Programming Languages, Albuquerque, NM, January 1982, pp. 46-56. [PDF] Published in SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 14, No. 1, February 1985, pp. 75-92. [PDF]
3. John H. Reif and Paul G. Spirakis, Real Time Resource Allocation in Distributed Systems, ACM Symposium on Principals of Distributed Computing, Ottawa, Canada, August 1982, pp. 84-94. [PDF]
4. John H. Reif and Paul G. Spirakis, Probabilistic Bidding Gives Optimal Distributed Resource Allocation. 11th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, Antwerp, Belgium, July 1984. Published in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 172, pp. 391-402. [PDF]
5. John H. Reif and Scott A. Smolka, The Complexity of Reachability in Distributed Communicating Processes, Journal of Acta Informatica, Vol. 25(3), April 1988, pp.333-354.
6. Wadee Alhalabi and John H. Reif, Real Time Applications to Play Systems, submitted for Journal Publication, 2013.