1. John H. Reif, Combinatorial Aspects of Symbolic Program Analysis. Ph.D. Thesis, Harvard University, July 1977. [PDF] (Preface & Introductory Chapter 1:[PDF], Chapter 2(pub. #3):[PDF], Chapter 3:[PDF], Chapter 4(pub. #5):[PDF],Chapter 5(pub. #4):[PDF]).
2. John H. Reif and Harry R. Lewis, Symbolic Evaluation and the Global Value Graph. 4th ACM Symposium on Principals of Programming Languages, Los Angeles, CA, January 1977, pp. 104-118. [PDF] Published as Efficient Symbolic Analysis of Programs, in Journal of Computer and System Sciences, Vol. 32, No. 3, June 1986, pp. 280-314. [PDF]
3. John H. Reif, Code Motion. Presented at Conference on Theoretical Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1977. Published in SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 9, No. 2, May 1980, pp. 375-395. [PDF]
4. John H. Reif, Symbolic Program Analysis in Almost Linear Time. 5th Annual ACM Symposium on Principals of Programming Languages, Tucson, AZ, January 1978, pp. 76-83. [PDF] Published as John H. Reif and R.E. Tarjan, SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol. 11, No. 1, February 1982, pp. 81-93. [PDF]
5. John H. Reif, Data Flow Analysis of Communicating Processes. 6th Annual ACM Symposium on Principals of Programming Languages, San Antonio, TX, January 1979, pp. 257-268. [PDF] Published as John H. Reif and Scott A. Smolka, International Journal of Parallel Programming, Vol. 19, No. 1, February 1990. [PDF]
6. Peter H. Mills, Lars S. Nyland, J.F. Prins, John H. Reif and Robert A. Wagner, Prototyping Parallel and Distributed Programs in Proteus. 3rd IEEE Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, Dallas, TX, pp. 10-19, IEEE, 1991. [PostScript] [PDF].
7. Peter H. Mills, Lars S. Nyland, Jan Prins, and John H. Reif, Prototyping High-Performance Parallel Computing Applications in Proteus. DARPA Software Technology Conference, May, 1992. [PostScript] [PDF].
8. Lars S. Nyland, Jan F. Prins, and John H. Reif, A Data Parallel Implementation of the Adaptive Fast Multipole Algorithm. Dartmouth Institute for Advanced Graduate Studies (DAGS '93), Hanover, NH, June, 1993. [PostScript] [PDF].
9. Peter H. Mills, Jan Prins, and John H. Reif, Rate Control as a Language Construct for Parallel and Distributed Programming, Proc. IEEE Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems (IPPS'93), pp. 164-170, 1993. [PostScript] [PDF].
10. Andrew Goldberg, Jan Prins, Rickard Faith, Zhiyong Li, Peter H. Mills, Lars S. Nyland, Daniel Palmer, John H. Reif, James Riely, and Stephen Westfold, The Proteus System for the Development of Parallel Applications. Prototyping and Software Development (Malcolm C. Harrison, ed.), Chapter 6, pp. 151-190, Digital Book, 1996. [PostScript] [PDF]
11. Peter H. Mills, Lars S. Nyland, J.F. Prins, and John H. Reif, Software Issues in High-Performance Computing and a Framework for the Development of HPC Applications,Developing a Computer Science Agenda for High Performance Computing (U. Vishkin, ed.) pp. 110-117, ACM, 1994. [PostScript] [PDF].
12. Andrew Goldberg, Peter H. Mills, Lars S. Nyland, Jan F. Prins, John H. Reif, and J. Riely, Specification and Development of Parallel Algorithms with the Proteus System, Specification of Parallel Algorithms, DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, AMS Press, Vol. 18, 1994, pp. 383-399. [PostScript] [PDF]
13. Sandeep K. S. Gupta, Zhiyong Li, and John H. Reif, Generating Efficient Programs for Two-Level Memories from Tensor-Products. Proceedings of the 7th IASTED/ISMM International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems Washington DC, October 1995, pp. 510-513. [PostScript] [PDF].
14. Sandeep K. S. Gupta, Zhiyong Li, and John H. Reif, Synthesizing Efficient Out-of-Core Programs for Block Recursive Algorithms using Block-Cyclic Data Distributions. Proceedings of the 1996 International Conference on Parallel Processing, Bloomingdale, IL, Vol. II, pp. 142-149, (August 1996). Published in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 10, No. 3, March 1999, pp. 297-315. [PDF] or [PDF]
15. Lars S. Nyland, Jan Prins, Andrew Goldberg, Peter H. Mills, John H. Reif, and Robert Wagner. A Refinement Methodology for Developing Data-Parallel Applications, Second International Euro-Par Conference (Euro-Par'96 Parallel Processing), Lyon, France, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp.145-150, 1996. [PDF]
16. Zhiyong Li, Peter H. Mills, and John H. Reif, Models and Resource Metrics for Parallel and Distributed Computation, Proc. 28th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-28 Parallel Algorithms Software Technology Track), Wailea, Maui, Hawaii, pp. 133-143, January 3-6, 1995. Published in Parallel Algorithms and Applications, Vol. 8, pp. 35-59, 1996. [PostScript] [PDF].
17. Hiba Shahid, Wadee Alhalabi, and John H. Reif, Real-time operating system (RTOS) with application to play models, International Journal of Computing Engineering Research, Vol.5(2), pp. 9-16 , October 2014, DOI: 10.5897/IJCER2013.0202, ISSN: 2141-6494, (Oct, 2014).