I am a Ph.D. candidate in computer science at Duke University. My current research focuses on the interface of computer science and DNA nanotechnology. Specifically, I develop DNA nano-devices that perform computation for useful applications such as cancer detection, immune response activation and targeted therapy. Before my Ph.D. study, I received my M.Sc. degree in computer science from Duke University in 2012, and my B.E. degree in computer science and technology from Wuhan University in 2010.
1. Song, Tianqi, Sudhanshu Garg, Reem Mokhtar, Hieu Bui, and John Reif. "Analog Computation by DNA Strand Displacement Circuits." ACS Synthetic Biology 5, no. 8 (2016): 898-912. Media Cover: NSF News, ScienceDaily, Phys.org, Duke Today
2. Bui, Hieu, Sudhanshu Garg, Vincent Miao, Tianqi Song, Reem Mokhtar, and John Reif. "Design and analysis of linear cascade DNA hybridization chain reactions using DNA hairpins." New Journal of Physics 19, no. 1 (2017): 015006.
3. Bui, Hieu, Vincent Miao, Sudhanshu Garg, Reem Mokhtar, Tianqi Song, and John Reif. "Design and Analysis of Localized DNA Hybridization Chain Reactions." Small (2017).
1. Hieu Bui, Harish Chandran, Sudhanshu Garg, Nikhil Gopalkrishnan, Reem Mokhtar, Tianqi Song and John H Reif, DNA Computing, Chapter in Section 3: Architecture and Organization, Volume I: Computer Science and Software Engineering (Edited by Teofilo F. Gonzalez), The Computer Science Handbook, Third Edition (Editor-In-Chief Allen B. Tucker), Taylor & Francis Group, (2013).
2. Reem Mokhtar, Sudhanshu Garg, Harish Chandran, Hieu Bui, Tianqi Song, and John Reif, Modeling DNA Nanodevices Using Graph Rewriting Systems, invited Chapter, Advances in Unconventional Computing, Volume 2: Prototypes, Models and Algorithms (Edited by Andrew Adamatzky), Springer, pp. 347-396 (2016).
1. John H. Reif and Tianqi Song, Complexity and Computability of Temperature-1 Tilings, Poster Abstract, FNANO 2013, Snowbird, Utah, April 15-18, 2013. Poster Abstract DNA19, Tempe, AZ, Sept, 22-27, 2013.
2. Tianqi Song, John Reif, Hieu Bui, Reem Mokhtar and Sudhanshu Garg, DNA Circuits for Analog Computation, Poster Abstract, DNA 21, Harvard University, August 17-21, 2015.